We support applicants in submitting project ideas and finding partners.
The call for applications is not open; the projects that have received funding are in the process of implementation.
The LIFE programme is a financial instrument of the European Commission, which has been used to fund environmental projects in the European Union (EU) for 30 years already. It is the only financial instrument to be directly targeted towards the environment, supporting the development and implementation of the Union’s environmental policy.
The LIFE programme contributes to sustainable development, the achievement of the goals and targets of the ‘Europe 2020’ strategy, and relevant EU environment and climate strategies and plans. The programme has been running since 1992 and has supported more than 5,500 projects over this period.
- to contribute to achieving an economy that is resource-efficient, with low-CO2 emissions, and resilient to climate change
- to contribute to the protection and improvement of the quality of the environment
- to contribute to halting and reversing the loss of biodiversity, including by supporting the Natura 2000 network and fighting against the deterioration of ecosystems
- to enhance the development and implementation of the Union’s environment and climate policy and corresponding legislation
- to support better governance of the environmental and climate fields at all levels, as well as the greater involvement of civil society, non-governmental organisations, and local actors.
PS! The EIC will help to increase the visibility of the LIFE programme, raise awareness of project opportunities among applicants, help to improve the quality of project applications, and find suitable partners.