The Foundation Environmental Investments Centre (EIC) is a financial institution, mediating state budget funds (revenues from environmental charges), EU funds, funds from foreign aid programmes and the Green Investment Scheme, and granting loans for the implementation of environmental projects.
Efficient cooperation between EIC and its partners has reduced Estonia’s ecological footprint.
To ensure maximum efficiency by channelling every euro for the benefit of the Estonian people, a healthy living environment, and resource-efficient development of the country.
Our main values:
We know our field. We operate using the best knowledge, skills, and experience available. We are constantly improving ourselves, to become better and more competent.
We acknowledge and value the diversity of ideas and solutions, and appreciate simplicity and transparency. We are tolerant and loyal to our organisation, and offer creative solutions.
We are honest and loyal to our organisation, and value certain principles. We do not tolerate misuse of funds. We value cooperation with partners who share our views.
We know our goals. We operate in a dedicated and efficient manner in order to achieve them.
We value and establish cooperation that supports environmentally aware behaviour and ensures the best positive impact of environmental investments.
Sources of funding
The aid and loans granted by EIC are funded from four sources: the environmental charges collected in the Republic of Estonia, the structural funds of the European Union, a share of the European Investment Bank (EIB) loan to Estonia, and sales of Estonian CO2 emission units (also known as the Green Investment Scheme). Funding of the principle activities has changed in the course of the years – while we mainly granted aids from the funds of the Republic of Estonia in our first years of operation, the volume of foreign aid projects has significantly exceeded the volume of the above in the last few years.
EIC’s development plan establishes our development directions and forms the basis for the annual working plans and updates to the day-to-day organisation of work, helping us to confidently and quickly move towards fulfilling our mission and vision.
The development plan is in Estonian.
The style book and logos of EIC
The visual language of the Environmental Investment Centre is presented in the style book of the foundation. The book includes the rules of how to use the logo and slogan of EIC and how to portray the identity of EIC on data media or souvenirs. Any questions related to the visual identity of EIC should be addressed to the communication unit.
If you would like to use the logo of EIC to refer to an aid from the environmental programme, further information on this can be obtained from the guidelines for referring to aid from EIC.
The logo of EIC is available in three languages: Estonian, English and Russian. In addition to the classic logo in capital letters, the logo of EIC can also be used horizontally. Read more about using the logo of EIC from the style book.
What are we doing to preserve the environment?
Taking into consideration the mission, vision and goals of EIC, which are oriented at preserving a healthy living environment, it is our desire to increase the positive environmental impact of EIC by raising the environmental awareness of our employees. For this purpose, we are following the principles of a Green Office in our daily activities, i.e., responsible work and environmental protection:
- we are improving the resource-efficiency of our activities and implementing measures to save energy;
- we are introducing paper-free operations and organisation of more efficient use of paper;
- we are avoiding waste generation and promoting separate collection of different types of waste;
- in purchasing products and services (information and communication technology, paper, chemicals, office supplies, catering for information days, etc), we proceed from the principles of environment-friendly procurements, i.e., the green purchasing policy;
- if possible, we are decreasing the environmental impact arising from business trips and promoting sustainable organisation of transportation;
- we are ensuring a healthy and socially responsible working environment for our employees (ergonomic working conditions, possibilities for promoting health, increasing the awareness of the employees of health-related and social issues, etc);
- we are monitoring and evaluating the efficiency of our environmental activities;
- we are providing comprehensive information to increase the environmental awareness of our employees and partners. We are thinking, discussing and deciding together how to implement the principles of preserving the environment in the best possible manner.
EIC is attempting to take into consideration and implement the above mentioned principles in its daily activities as much as possible. The principles of a Green Office have been introduced to all employees and are accessible to all.
Submitting and receiving documents